An After Hours Networking event is a networking party for members! It's a great way to showcase your business.
Hosting an Off the Clock Networking event gives members an opportunity to network and socialize in a fun, relaxed atmosphere after the regular working day. The event is meant to be fun and is a great way for businesses to connect.
As the host of an Off the Clock event, you get a valuable opportunity to showcase your business. The event is free to attendees, and we typically get 25-50 members. Off the Clock events are hosted on the fourth Thursday of every month. To host this event, you must be at the Basic level of membership or higher.
Off the Clock, hosts are responsible for supplying appetizers, beer, wine, and non-alcoholic drinks (juices, soda, and/or water). The host is also encouraged to provide at least two door prizes for the event from their business or partner businesses.
Here are a few things to consider when hosting an Off the Clock event:
- Remember this is your opportunity to showcase your business while providing a fun and relaxed atmosphere for Chamber members to network. This is not a sales seminar – members come to socialize, see their friends, and make new ones.
- It’s very hard to know exactly how many people will come to an Off the Clock. It’s better to plan for a bigger crowd than not having enough refreshments.
- Invite your own customers – the more the merrier! Let your customers know you are hosting this for the Boone County Chamber of Commerce, and perhaps they will want to learn more about the chamber, too! Invite your vendors, family members, neighbors, and employees. If you have other locations for your business, invite the employees who work at those locations, also.
- If possible, please purchase food/beverages from restaurants and/or catering companies who are members of the Boone County Chamber of Commerce. A staff member can make suggestions.
- Please have a table and two chairs available for the Chamber staff to use as a check-in table near the entrance. You might also wish to put some of your marketing materials at a nearby table!
- Other chamber members may be interested in partnering with you to host this event which can help alleviate your costs. You may want to consider asking your major vendors/partners or commercial neighbors to contribute by providing door prizes or giveaways.
- Most importantly, let us know what you are planning, such as a special promotion or drawing so we are able to better promote the event in advance.
- Guests are more likely to come to a party when they know there will be great food, entertainment (if you choose), and fun people!
At 5:30, a representative of the Chamber will introduce you as the host business and hold door prize drawings. This is an opportunity to engage with the crowd and give a quick summary of your business, introduce your team, thank attendees, and recognize any other vendors or businesses that participated and/or donated items for this event.
Off the Clock events are scheduled at least two or three months in advance. Events are scheduled on Thursday evenings from 4:30-6:00 pm. Another evening may be available upon request.
Questions? Call Joslyn at 765-482-1320 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Business Resources is an opportunity to meet with a Central Indiana Small Business Development Center (CISBDC) advisor at no cost. The CISBDC is part of a statewide counseling network of expert business advisors who provide one-on-one guidance and resources to entrepreneurs and small business owners at all phases– concept, startup, growth, and maturity.
Contact email@example.com to schedule your appointment!